The Event Inclusion Specialist course is a one-hour training designed to equip event planners with the essential knowledge and skills to create inclusive and engaging events. In today's competitive landscape, it is crucial to prioritize diverse social identities and lived experiences to ensure the success of your events. This course will guide you on how to effectively engage participants in virtual, hybrid, and in-person settings, embracing cultural competence and fostering human connections.
The course features important aspects of inclusion planning in six areas: AAPI (Asian American and Pacific Islander) representation, language considerations, religious inclusivity, accessibility, and how DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) standards are reflected in marketing strategies.
Through responses to frequently asked questions and real-world examples you will gain practical insights and best practices to deepen your understanding of designing for a culturally rich audience. Each of the 8 modules are under 12 minutes, focused on a frequently asked question and five best practices shared by our subject matter experts.
Those who purchase this course will be invited to quarterly live sessions with an expert who will answer your questions, provide advice to your DEI dilemmas, and give you a safe space to discuss this critical topic.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the significance of inclusion in planning meetings and its impact on overall event success.
- Identify the unique needs and perspectives of the AAPI community and apply strategies to ensure their meaningful representation in planning meetings.
- Evaluate and implement accessibility measures that promote inclusivity and accommodate individuals with diverse physical, sensory, and cognitive abilities.
- Recognize the importance of language considerations in planning meetings and implement effective communication strategies to engage a diverse audience.
- Understand the role of religion in event planning and develop strategies to create inclusive environments that respect and accommodate religious diversity.
- Apply DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) standards to planning meetings, fostering an environment that values and embraces diverse identities and experiences.
- Utilize marketing techniques and strategies to reach and engage diverse audiences, ensuring the broadest possible participation in planning meetings.
- Recognize and navigate the complexities of intersectionality in event planning, understanding how different social identities intersect and influence experiences.
Chiriga “Zoe” Moore, MS, CDP (she/her/hers) Moore Consulting Agency is a boutique firm helping leaders GROW while developing their equity, diversity & inclusion strategies from INSIGHT to IMPLEMENTATION. Offering services such as speaking, facilitation, and consulting. Although specializing in the hospitality, events and tourism industries, she engages organizations of all types across the business ecosystem. A Resource Evangelist, she has a network of colleagues that are subject matter experts in various topics, sectors and industries.
For this course, Zoe has combined the insights of 6 experts in DEI in one place to bring us a cohesive essentials certification course!
Lakshmee Lachmann-Persad (she/her)
Chiriga “Zoe” Moore, MS, CDP
Rahimeh Ramezany, Rahimeh Ramezany Consulting
Acacia WoodsChan, Ethnic Ties
Jolene Jang, Meeting Maximizer
Roni Weiss, Travel Unity
Aubrian Watson, I AM AUBRIAN